[geeks] FS: Cisco AP350 and 48V Power Supply

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Mon Jun 23 13:02:24 CDT 2003

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:

> As a side note, has anyone actually tried the ethernet-over-power
> devices?  I, unfortunately, live in a house with big bloody steel
> girders for the frame, with solid plaster walls.  I.e. my wireless range
> _sucks_.

Do try moving around the access point and see if that helps.
My house has a big brick chimney in the middle that played
havoc with the reception until I put the AP in the basement just
about underneath it...  Before the AP was on one side and only
about half the house got good reception.  After, almost perfect
everywhere...

--Kurt