[geeks] FS: Cisco AP350 and 48V Power Supply

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Sun Jun 22 21:18:24 CDT 2003

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003, Thomas Gallaway wrote:

> Did that, done it... nothing happend hehe... Those power injectors get
> more and more common. Cisco started it but there are many hacks out
> there now so you can build your own injectors or my fav. wireless
> supplier
> actually builds their own for all the 802.11 gear they sell. I think
> they are
> pretty sure that it wont hurt any devices especially as cisco is selling
> powered switches so I guess there must be some standard.

Well, part of what scares me is the turbonet card in my TiVo specifically
says that you CANNOT run phone on the unused pairs because of how the
card had to be designed.  The ring voltage has nowhere to go and will
toast the card and/or the TiVo....

I imagine something similar would happen if you were supplying power.
Perhaps not since ring voltage is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than what
I imagine the power injector is supplying.

--Kurt