[geeks] Quick CG question...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Jun 15 02:55:15 CDT 2003

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I'm sorry, I think you meant to say "the graphics display system" there
> instead of "storage or RAM", and you got "Octane" and "U10" reversed. 8-)

Well, yeah, if you're sitting at the console.

> Graphics board: MXI
> Graphics board: SI

Is that a supported configuration?  I thought MX[EI] plus any other
framebuffer was pushing the thermal safety margin off the desk.

> Its graphics subsystem makes the U10 look like a 300 baud Teletype.

I'm talking about for non-interactive work.

> Anybody know if an "add-on" ethernet card exists for Octanes?  This
> machine is losing its on-board ethernet slowly, and I need to find a
> card for it if possible.

You can probably make something work in the PCI cardcage.  If not
Ethernet, you can certainly toss FDDI in there and use a bridge.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren