[geeks] Quick CG question...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 19:24:27 CDT 2003

Hello all,

I just came back from seeing "Finding Nemo", and I noticed at the end
of the film that Sun gets credit for being the rendering machines...

Cool - but I have a question.

I worked with computer graphics in school (like 1990-1992? we used
Targa boards), and when we "rendered" we made image files, that were
eventually "written" to tape using a 3/4" video deck that could write
one frame at a time. But to do this, your final output card
(framebuffer) and recodring media limited the resolution possible.

How do they go from a graphics file to film for "real" projects? (at a
high level)

Thanks,

=====
Lionel