[geeks] quick latex question

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Thu Jul 31 12:05:38 CDT 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, N.Miller wrote:
> Then the message opened and I got the real geek context.
> :-D It's funny how living in certain areas of the country
> twist your outlook on things at times.

Hum, I do not think it has to do with geographic distribution, but rather
field of work :). I am in academia so I have to use LaTeX on a daily
basis, so for me LaTeX means an essential text formatting program without
which my life would not be complete, rather than an esential part of the
chemical industry without which my sexual life would not be complete.

So most people I guess the heard LaTeX and they think comdons, a few
others hear the same word and think text formatting. :)