[geeks] GPS on planes

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jul 28 19:37:33 CDT 2003

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 06:02:49PM -0700, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Note: We are in trouble - GPS is important, and I depend on them, as do
> countless members of the military (the folks that designed and funded
> GPS).

Hopefully you aren't a ship's navigator.

GPS units are nice, but I think it is dangerous to create a generation
of military personnel, pilots, or ship crews that cannot navigate
without them.

Convienient, fine... but I think you can see that a ship traveling
without a capable non-GPS navigator in a GPS blackout is a pretty
dangerous thing.

UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon at widomaker.com