[geeks] Psychotropics aka anti-depressants, etc

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sun Jul 27 22:16:52 CDT 2003

On Saturday, July 26, 2003, at 08:47 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> --- "N.Miller" <vraptor at promessage.com> wrote:
>
>> Of course, this creates a whole different problem...like
>> how conservative families tend to have more children than
>> liberal families.
>
> WOW - "sweeping generalization" just doesn't cover that statement...

Hey, when was making a sweeping generalization a no-no on
geeks? ;-)

I was actually thinking of a specific case, but didn't
want to offend Geoffrey any more than I already have. The
numbers I have seen were in relation to conservative Israeli
families vs. liberal Israeli families.  It's having an
affect on politics in Israel.  The data I read came out of
a *geography* class my husband took in college (he graduated
as an "old guy"--his words.  I was surprised to find that
college geography covers more than just political boundaries
and terrain features.

I don't know if the data supports it, but considering
that Christian fundamentalists line up with conservatives
in the US and people concerned about population growth and
it's affect on the environment line up with liberals, it
might.  The wildcards: Latinos since many are Catholic;
the Baptist influence on black family size.

=Nadine=