[geeks] gps on plane [mapping software]

Hugh Saunders hugh at mjr.org
Sat Jul 26 05:33:55 CDT 2003

On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 05:44:01AM -0400, Thomas Gallaway wrote:
> That whole thing with electronics on planes does not make any sense at
> all. I did fly a lot last year and I a few times had my gps hooked to
> my laptop with a mapping software. Was rather cool to see where you are
> right now in the air and how fast the car was moving on the map ;-)
just out of interest, what software were you using to plot the map?

I was using psinmea but that isnt vgood...

have just started playing with gps so would like some good mapping
software would appreciate linux suggestions, but if autoroute/other
windows stuff is just better then i'll make space for an XP partition :-(

thanks!

--
hugh

ps: thanks for backing me up =o)