[geeks] FW: [rescue] UPS Recommendation

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Mon Jul 21 19:44:19 CDT 2003

On Monday, July 21, 2003, at 03:09 PM, wa2egp at att.net wrote:
>> So, yes, it may be that not all crimes are reported (unlikely with
>> shootings), or that crimes are misclassified (also unlikely with
>> shootings).  But you can go to the DOJ web site and look at the
>> FBI's Uniform Crime Reports.  If you are not male, minority and
>> between 16 and 25 or so, you are highly unlikely to be the victim of a
>> violent crime involving a firearm.
>>
> That makes me feel better since I teach in an urban school district
> (wink).

School shootings have actually gone down in overall number,
but the high profile multiple victim shootings have made it
seem otherwise.

One tidbit that's failed to garner much news--at least one
of the kids involved in the multiple shooting incidents has
been on psychoactive drugs (for ADD, ADHD, etc).

=Nadine=