[geeks] FW: [rescue] UPS Recommendation

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Fri Jul 18 12:08:32 CDT 2003

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 08:37:04 -0500
> Brian Dunbar <Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks.  I wasn't sure if you were implying there was a technical reason
> > why the '60 wasn't a 'great' MG.  I found a few Marines who claimed it
> > wasn't, usually because they didn't carry one for a living and didn't know
> > proper care and feeding.  Usually the same REMFs who just hauled back on
> > the trigger and let rounds fly all over hell and creation on the range ...
> >

> Oh no, I like the M60 - and it's little brother the M249.  Great guns.

As long as you do not have to carry the M60, I didn't know the 249 was
related to the 60. I personally did not like hte M60 that much, as I am
more partial to the MG3/Amelis IMHO they get to concentrate the fire buch
better, I could only get the M60 to behave in "spray paint mode", I have
never used the 249 though... I heard at least has decent recoil behavior
(unlike the 60) but the cadence of fire seems to be slow -again not my
words since I have not used it-.