[geeks] FW: [rescue] UPS Recommendation

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Jul 17 09:54:49 CDT 2003

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:20:15 -0400
"William Enestvedt" <William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu> wrote:

> > I'm planning on being in RI next month, I could hand deliver
> > if you share.
> >
>    Where are you that you can get Summit beer? I get a little misty just
> thinking about that stuff! Can you get James Page, too?
>    Several years ago, my brothers packed up four six-packs, and sent the
>    beer
> UPS to me for my birthday. Each bottle was lovingly wrapped in a careful
> blanket and then slipped into a larger, outer layer of padding, and the
> whole box was about 3'x2'x2'. (Must have cost a fortune.) Heck, the
> cardboard-box six-packs were even collapsed and included so that I could
> put them back togther and give the bottles a proper home in my fridge.
> *sigh* Those brothers of mine might be the most thoughtful guys around.

I had no idea they were considered rare.  they show up from time to time in
the grocery stores here in Central Ohio, but only if the store manager is a
beer drinker.  There's also Beverage Source one town over, an good place to
find excellent beers from other parts.  They have some of the Summit Ales,
but I don't recall ever seeing the Porter.  I'll take a look.

Worst case, my brother-in-law is going up to Northern Minnesota next week
for vacation.  He has orders to bring back a few six-packs of various Summit
brews, just in case I can't find the Porter here.

>    What're you coming to Little Rhodey for, anyway?

My wife's family is *all* in RI.  We owned a house there up until about a
year ago - down in the Buttonwoods section of Warwick.  We're heading back
to visit and take a short vacation.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."