[geeks] Discretion

James james at jdfogg.com
Tue Jul 8 23:10:07 CDT 2003

> > No, it is unethical to get close to a competitor (under pretnese of a
> > merger) for the purpose of stealing their key employees.
>
> Yeah, that is unethical.  I missed that he was acting like they were
> going to merge.

We were/are/might. He has been mis-representing his companies value and
trying to keep us in a very weak position. We get the feeling that he thinks
we are a couple of rubes. A quick thwap would clear his mind.

In reality, we don't want to be that kind of business. That isn't why we are
here. We will probably point out the vulnerability of his position if he
keeps failing to agree that our business has some significant value to him.
It will all work itself out on Thursday when we meet again. Me and my
partners are tired of him and the merry-go-round. We have wasted valuable
time. Either he puts his company on an equal value with ours or we walk.