[geeks] New wish lists, OR Rebuilding the dream ;-)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jan 28 10:27:37 CST 2003

On Tuesday, January 28, 2003, at 11:04 AM, David Cantrell wrote:
> I recently sold an Airport card on ebay.  First time, it didn't reach
> the
> reserve.  So I re-listed it, dropping the reserve a wee bit.  Bidding
> ended up above the original reserve.  ebay is not a rational system.

   It's a perfectly rational system.  You just have to remember that
it's highly dynamic and doesn't bear much resemblance to a "regular"
auction.

   Different people bid on different things at different times.  That's
just the way people work.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "Wear whatever you want...Just don't be surprised
St. Petersburg, FL        if you wind up with a blow-gun dart in your