[geeks] New wish lists, OR Rebuilding the dream ;-)

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Tue Jan 28 09:07:54 CST 2003

Oh yes. The most basic principle fo the market. An Item is only worht
what someone is willing to pay for it. The world according to Adam
Smith.

It's amazing how many people forget this, pretty much constantly, or
willfully ignore it. Somehow they think that they are entitled to sell
something for "what it's worth".

The worst examples: EBay, and Equities trading (stocks and bonds)

It will never cease to amaze me how some people will ignore all evidence
to the contrary (like never getting a single bid) and keep putting the
same item up at the same price. Sometimes for moneths (remember the J90
that stayed up there for like six months at the same price).

Chris Byrne