[geeks] Sendmail question

Joacim Melin listor at melin.org
Sun Jan 26 16:58:42 CST 2003

Actually, the Turbosparc (I think we discussed this here earlier) is a
sort of bastard son of the Sparc family. It refuses to work with any
Linux distribution except Ultrapenguin so I'm giving that a go right
now.

I'd love an Octane but it would probably just sit on my desk beside my
15" TFT iMac and look cool and not fit into my rack in the basement.  I
got this SS5 for free complete with a 19" display, keyboard and mouse
in mint condition so I'd thought I'd make use of it somehow.

More info about the Sparcstation 5 family can be found here :
www.obsolyte.com/sun_ss5/

joacim

"Veni, vidi, wifi"
-------------------------------
who > joacim melin
how > joacim at melin.org
where > http://z80.org
-------------------------------

On Sunday, Jan 26, 2003, at 23:24 Europe/Stockholm, Jonathan C.
Patschke wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, Joacim Melin wrote:
>
>> Well, one good reason is that Irix doesn't run on a Sparcstation 5.
>> :-)
>
> True enough.  Octanes are awfully cheap, though.
>
>> I also really dislike Solaris and have been running Linux for years
>> and
>> feel quite home in it, even though it has it's flaws.
>
> To each, their own.  I wasn't a hardcore Solaris fan until SunOS 5.7,
> and
> 5.9 is just Great.
>
>> I will probably try to compile postfix at a later date for this box
>> but
>> since it's a Turbosparc CPU I reckon it will be plenty of trouble
>> getting anything to work on it. But that's part of the fun I guess.
>
> TurboSPARC?  Lucky you!
>
> I'm running squid, postfix, bind 9, and sshd on a SPARCclassic running
> OpenBSD (possibly switching back to NetBSD for PCMCIA support).  If
> that
> SPARCstation 5 has problems with just postfix under Linux, you must be
> using the wrong OS. :)
>
> --
> Jonathan Patschke  *)  "everything i know about animals i learned from
> Thorndale, TX      (*   ORA books."                  --alex j avriette

"Veni, vidi, wifi"

who > joacim melin
how > joacim at melin.org
where > http://z80.org

"What's with the 'Intel Inside' warning label anyway?"

who > joacim melin
how > joacim at melin.org
where > http://z80.org