[geeks] Followup on weapons seizure

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Sat Jan 18 17:04:35 CST 2003

Heres a weird coincidence for you. I bought the first gun I ever bought
(I had been given several as gifts prior and issued several) from
Davidsons through a local FFL in Prescott just after my 18th birthday. I
was in college there at the time.

I like the idea of the good gun club. And it certainly is going to take
a hell of a lot of determined effort and marketing dollars. But I think
more than that its going to take an attitude change. We change the
attitude of the barellfirsters (as in "sure you can take my gun, here it
is, barrell first --  BANG!") from confrontation to education.

And that's what it really comes down to. 50 years ago just about
everybody had a gun, and just about everybody knew how to use it, and to
respect it for what it was. These days we're starting from below the
waterline trying to undo the bad images generated in popular culture.

Chris Byrne