[geeks] Followup on weapons seizure

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Jan 18 16:49:03 CST 2003

"Chris Byrne" <chris at chrisbyrne.com> wrote:

> I love my guns. I love them as works of mechanical and egineering art.
> As symbols of freedom and individual choice. As tools of protection.
> But most people fear guns. They are afraid of a 2 pound hunk of metal
> and sometimes plastic that they honestly feel is evil. How do we fight
> that?
>
> Any ideas? I'll listen?

The answer isn't easy, it isn't inexpensive, and it will require an
ochestrated effort of millions - education and marketing.

Honestly, that's what the gun-nuts have, a concerted effort to demonize
gun owners and manufacturers.  To conter-act that will require
dedication, patience, and communication.

When and where do we start?  Not with www.barrelfirst.com that's for
sure.  I got a spam mail from them the other day, and was concerned
about their tactic - it looked like anti-gun nuts trying to lure gun
owners in with some hostile stance that they thought might appeal to all
of us - only to turn the tables on us and say "see! I told you they were
all a danger to society!"

Instead, I think *all* gun owners need to work with organizations like
The Good Gun Club:
http://www.galleryofguns.com/ShootersLodge/goodgun.asp

At least that's my opinion, I could be wrong but I don't think so.

Taking it up the ass and asking for another is *not* the way to go.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."