[geeks] Holy FAST batman!!!

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Jan 17 17:13:34 CST 2003

"William S." <wstan at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I see they post the minimum hardware requirements
> as "233 MHz processor or faster ".
>
> Does that mean it will not run properly on
> my P166MMX running Linux (Slackware)?

I think the client is optimized for P-II and better.  It may run on a
P-I, but probably not very fast.

> If I include my Thinkpad 600e, am I better
> off using the Text client builder. I do not keep
> the laptop on continuously, will this be a problem
> with it being booted on and off several times a day?

Nope, just remember to restart the client when you reboot, and hit "q"
to quit the client before shutting down.

> On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 04:26:29PM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > >
> > >   Ok I've looked and looked, I must just be missing it.  Where can
> > >
> > > these rankings be found?
> >
> > http://www.distributedfolding.org/teampages/team1931.html
> >

> --
> Bill
> Amsterdam, NL

Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."
                                                      -- Tony Bourdain