[geeks] Blender & Jashaka on IRIX

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Jan 16 15:24:19 CST 2003

On Thursday 16 January 2003 22:17, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> > Are you sure it was Windows at fault? Some textures under the named
> > video game were consistently freaky-colored over sessions. Not with my
> > tnt2. Which is now in the closet in favor of a radeon 8500, which rocks
> > and comes from a company that will release hardware specs at least. HA!
>
> For it be a texture problem would indicate that they were drawing a lot
> of the screen using textures on linux, but without textures on irix,
> since blender runs just fine on machines without TRAM.  And it isn't
> really a very sensible place to use textures anyway.

This reminds me... Did you know that DirectFB (linux) uses textures for
entire windows. There are no expose events (or something :-p ), the entire
window is a texture :-)

Frank

Who has never run Irix because I have no  sgi box. The closest I ever got to
it is

dd if=/dev/zero of=bigfile bs=1024 count=102400
mkfs.xfs bigfile

:-)