[geeks] Re: HP's squandering

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Tue Jan 14 04:06:59 CST 2003

I loved my 6310

I MISS MY 6310

God US phones are shit. Thankfully they will be offering the 6310 here
later this year when AT&T Wireless finsihes their full GSM services
rollout. Including honest to god full sms. At that point Im cancelling
my SprintPCS account and switching over to AT&T. Unless in that time the
folks at sprint figure out that phone numbers can have more than 10
digits that is.

The fucked up part about that is that their systems can handle
international sms just fine. The SYSTEM has a full service gateway. But
they only accept 10 digit numbers or a phone email address.

Idiots.

T-mobile allows users to send SMS to international numbers, but they
can't receive them unlessits sent to the phones email. Cingular is the
same. Neither of them are offering the Nokia Tr-Band phones. I need a
national full coverage network and AT&T is the only one that will do
honest to god SMS and offer Nokia Tri-Band phones. They STILL wont let
you activate a phoen you bought in europe on their network though if the
phone is SIM unlocked I don't see how they're going to stop you.

Chris Byrne