[geeks] distributedfolding

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Jan 13 17:36:40 CST 2003

Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

>    Any geeks here involved in the distributed protein folding project
> (http://www.distributedfolding.org)?  I'm wondering if there's a way
> to get the SPARC client to deal with multiple CPUs, or if there's a
> [clean] way to run multiple copies of the client other than simply
> giving them different subdirectories.

I'm very involved - as far as installed base goes.  I run it on a sparc,
my Octane (note to self, download update), and a few Linux boxen.

The 'cleanest' way I've found of doing multiple CPUs is to create a set
of subdirs for each CPU.  Unfortunately, that's it.  There's no other
way, that they mention or that I have found, to get the client to do
SMP.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."