[geeks] Pegasos PPC ATX board

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Mon Jan 6 11:05:58 CST 2003

On Sunday, January 5, 2003, at 06:47 PM, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> And more importantly, it doesn't imply that all Amiga fans who might
> have happened to start a company to build updated amigas would know or
> care how to sync a monitor display to a cheap video camera.

Well, again, if this video was a quickie thing to satisfy investors,
ok, I'll believe it. But if this video was a serious attempt to show
off that machine to the general purchasing public, then if they didn't
know how to sync it, they surely should have known that the info is out
there in the Amiga community. Heck, if I was making a video to show off
ANY computer product, I would make sure the screen was plainly visible
without flickering like that one did, and if I didn't know how to do
that (and I don't exactly) I would darn well find out, or find somebody
that did.

I mean, if you were going to take a Ferrari on a test drive, and the
salesman told you "The tires are supposed to have 50psi of air in them,
but they only have 15psi, so the car you get will handle better than
this one" wouldn't you say "let's stop at a gas station, and fill the
tires!" Just like when Radio Shack was pushing their satellite
internet, and the ones in the stores were dog slow, I mean if you're
going to demo something, the demo should be as good as the current
product! Just my thoughts on the matter.

             | I'm outstanding in my field! |\        ((o  o))___
PGP fingerprint: D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74
Email: schiller at nospam.agrijag.com          http://www.agrijag.com