[geeks] PC question

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Feb 21 13:18:36 CST 2003

Kevin <kevin at mpcf.com> wrote:
> It appears that the mobo on my dual 450 PIII is on it's way to
> mobo heaven (note to self: never buy another Gigabyte board)
> and it's time to build a new box.  I haven't stayed current
> with all this mess since '99, so if anyone has any good
> recommendations on mobos and chips i am all ears.

I'm not a peecee geek by any stretch, but I've had some very good luck with
AOpen motherboards.  IIRC, the make boards for Athlon and Intel chips.  I
have a DX-34 Plus that I plan to make into a central server for the house
(or something), and an AX45-8xn that's running a P4 right now as my game
system.  I also have an AOpen GeForce Ti4200 video card that I'm thoroughly
impressed with.

--
Kurt                 " Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to flagellate
kurt at k-huhn.com        myself with a soldering iron."