[geeks] access point questions

Thomas Gallaway tgallaway at comcast.net
Wed Feb 5 06:23:41 CST 2003

Virtually the bronze card means it has no WEP. The silver card
has 56bit WEP and the gold one has 128bit WEP. You actually
can flash your to be a 128bit WEP card but I did that like 2 years
ago and dont really remember where I got the flash from.
Now to your problem this is odd. The airport card should work
together with your lucent/avaya cards. I know that the apple airport
access point actually has a avaya/lucent orinocco gold card in it.

So my guess is either you got WEP turned on and not set it up
on all your cards or you just dont have the correct SSID set.
You have an access point right? Then you need infrastructure
mode with the correct SSID but if you cant talk to the network
that kinda sounds like an WEP issue to me.

Cja,
       Thomas