[geeks] ibook or tibook?

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Feb 4 05:36:05 CST 2003

On Tuesday 04 February 2003 11:51, Michael Schiller wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I'm sorry for the duplicate message, but I accidentally sent this from
> the wrong email account!
>
> > I was just looking on ebay at Apple laptops, and was curious, I saw
> > several systems that looked interesting, but was wondering, which
> > would be a better machine, a 400mhz tibook (G4), or a 600 ibook (G3)?

Good question. In pure power, the ibook would win I suppose, but otoh, maybe
the superior memory bandwidth of the tibook should make it more responsive.

> > When looking at Sun equipment you always run across an occasional
> > somebody that thinks their stuff is gold, and prices it accordingly,
> > but when looking at Mac stuff it seems like occasionally you'll find
> > somebody that prices the stuff right, and that most of the other
> > people have their heads up their asses when it comes to pricing! I
> > mean there was an old ibook (the earlier style) that the seller wanted
> > something like $1200 for! What's up with the Mac prices?

I have been hunting for an iBook for some time, and it amazed me how much
money people would give for these colored ibooks - you know, the kind with
3 gigs hard drives and 32 megs memory.

--
Frank Van Damme
http://www.openstandaarden.be