Avoiding Blowhard Syndrome - was: Re: [geeks] U2

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 2 20:46:40 CST 2003

--- Mike Hebel <nimitz at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> >> I'm a trivia maniac. I read.. Well basically devour trivia of any
> kind.
> >> Books, television, quiz shows whatever.
>
> Yeah, people don't want me to play Jeopardy with them either. ;-)

I once roundly trounced the local champion of trivial pursuit while in
college - he thought he was hot shit, and he went down in no time... I
don't think he played it much after that match... ;^)

Also, I had a cousin (passed away, sadly) who was a NY
pseudo-intellectual (REQUIRED the NY Times every day, or he would
complain loudly about being in the "boonies"), whom I flattened one
night on a two-family vacation. My family doesn't play games, so they
figured they's plaster us in no time flat. They found out we didn't
play games because we were so good at them. ;^)

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com