[geeks] Avoiding Blowhard Syndrome redux..

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 2 19:54:45 CST 2003

--- Mike Hebel <nimitz at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 05:16 PM, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > It must have something to with the time of year, the weather, and
> the
> > fact that a lot of us are facing stressfull and uncertain times
> right
> > now.
>
> I don't know what the cause is but it's rather obvious on many of the

> lists I frequent. Seems a recent thing too - I agree.

Here's a thought, cabin fever? It is so fucking cold back east, that we
are all going a bit stir crazy...

Add to that recent events over TX, the long-term effects of the economy
("it's the economy, stupid" - yeah, thanks Bill), and I think the cause
is clear. And because we typically feel that *anything goes* on Geeks,
all this miserable dreck gets exposed, discussed, compared, and argued
about.

Here's a hint, the thread on unemployment was bad, not for what was
said, but mainly for the sinking feeling I got as I kept seeing more
and more "yeah, me too" posts. Misery loves company, and there is
plenty of that to go around, but please think before posting...

Thanks,

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com