[geeks] Avoiding Blowhard Syndrome redux..

Mike Hebel nimitz at speakeasy.net
Sun Feb 2 19:02:08 CST 2003

On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 05:16 PM, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> Yeah, the Dodge Trucks list got lit up like a Yosemite wildfire late
> last week, the sportster list only avoided problems because of a break
> in the weather and most folks got out to go ride and blow off steam, and
> now Geeks@ is facing similar issues.
>
> It must have something to with the time of year, the weather, and the
> fact that a lot of us are facing stressfull and uncertain times right
> now.

I don't know what the cause is but it's rather obvious on many of the
lists I frequent.
Seems a recent thing too - I agree.

> Judicious use of the <DEL> key is recommended - for *everyone*.

I file everything but then if I don't like the comment I drop the thread
in a folder and forget it.
Whatever works.

> That, and I prescribe a healthy dose of physical exhertion.  I just
> cleared out the garage (again!) to make room for the weight rack, and
> finished setting it up.  At this point Byrne could go on for *pages*,
> and Woods could come in and be a nitpicking pedant with delusions of
> theoretical perfection in all that happens, and I wouldn't give a rat's
> ass.

Still goes back to the suggestion of shutting the list down for a week.
I have to change some things around so I might unsub during my
changeover to a 6500 series Mac
and OS X as my primary machine at home.

"The river in winter." guys.

Mike Hebel