[geeks] Crap! Not again...

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Feb 1 19:11:59 CST 2003

On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 08:08 PM, Chris Byrne wrote:
> If our govermnet really wanted to put a new shuttle into space Id say
> it'd be pretty easy (barring all the regulatory contractor related
> bullshit that makes a screwdriver cost $47.00 of course)

   A new shuttle was designed.  Its funding was cut a few years ago.

> Oh well. It's not like the human race should progress beyond the
> earthbound state we're in now right. After all If god had wanted us in
> space he'd have given us rocket motors instead of arms.

   Bullshit.  Getting off this planet before we either destroy it or
destroy ourselves is the largest evolutionary test this race will ever
face.  And we're failing it.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                 "Rubber duckies *are* important."
St. Petersburg, FL                            -Doc Shipley