[geeks] Crap! Not again...

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Feb 1 10:30:38 CST 2003

On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 11:18 AM, Kris Kirby wrote:
> Bread and Circuses. I wouldn't be that pissed, but I hate to see human
> life lost for no good reason, especially some of the bright minds that
> the
> space program borrows. The Space Program is one of the few, pure
> science
> endeavors left that our goverment has. It may never turn a profit, but
> has
> the ability to change our lives in material ways.

   Pure science?  Never turn a profit?  Bullshit.  NASA is one of the
most thickly bureaucratic organizations on the planet, and the
contractors that build their hardware (because we can't do anything
ourselves, right??) make an IMMENSE amount of money doing it.  Rest
assured that your spacecraft will be built by the lowest bidder.

   If NASA ever pulls its head out of its ass, the best profit it can
turn would be getting us the fuck OFF THIS ROCK before we finish
destroying it.  But you can bet that won't happen now, at least not in
our (or our childrens') lifetimes.

   And let's not forget that more than half of all shuttle launches are
(or at least were, this is an old statistic) classified or contain
classified payloads.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                 "Rubber duckies *are* important."
St. Petersburg, FL                            -Doc Shipley