[geeks] mac modem question

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 29 21:52:18 CDT 2002

--- Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> I recently built my mother an up-to-date system (Duron 1100, 128meg,
> onboard video/sound, 20G, WinXP) to replace her aging Celeron 300.

Good son - but I'd keep an eye on the memory, 128 Meg might be a bit
"minimum" for WinXP, even WinXP Home...

RAM is quite cheap these days (my son has 512 Meg because it was easier
than thinking about what he really *needed* - his favorites are
www.nick.com and www.freearcade.com ;&).

Java wants Gigahertz, DSL & Loads of RAM!

Lionel

=====
Lionel