[geeks] Gk, goign to try one more shot at this

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sat Sep 28 04:56:38 CDT 2002

On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 03:04:17AM -0500, Geek wrote:
> I know a lot of you are pretty familiar with Spam Assassin. I want to
> use this, but want to see what it does with the messages it finds to be
> Spam, to be exact I want it to add ***SPAM*** to the subject line, not
> change the subject line completely. I also want it to add it's summary
> to the end of the message, not remove the content. My host allows me to
> have a file called user_prefs in the .SpamAssassin folder in the site's
> root. Is it possible to do all or any of this with that one file, as
> that is my only way to control it.

FYI, here's what it does with a completely default configuration.  As you
can see, it adds its summary at the start of the message, not the end, but
the body is appended intact:

Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 00:09:27 -1000
From: <spam at ab.imag.net>
Subject: *****SPAM***** I want you to check these out
To: spam at ab.imag.net
version=2.01

SPAM: -------------------- Start SpamAssassin results ----------------------
SPAM: This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been altered
SPAM: so you can recognise or block similar unwanted mail in future.
SPAM: See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.
SPAM:
SPAM: Content analysis details:   (5.45 hits, 5 required)
SPAM: Hit! (1.2 points)  From: does not include a real name
SPAM: Hit! (1.75 points) From and To the same address
SPAM: Hit! (2 points)    Received via a relay in relays.osirusoft.com
SPAM:                    [RBL check: found 159.56.204.200.relays.osirusoft.com.]
SPAM: Hit! (0.5 points)  Received via a relay in ipwhois.rfc-ignorant.org
SPAM:                    [RBL check: found
159.56.204.200.ipwhois.rfc-ignorant.org., type: 127.0.0.6]
SPAM:
SPAM: -------------------- End of SpamAssassin results ---------------------

Hey you!

Im glad that I found you again.... Here is my new site! I think you'll like it
alot better than the
last one you liked sooo much!!!! I can't wait to see the look on your face when
you see these
NAUGHTY pics!

http://www.jamieswebpage.com

7432mwXs2-407RsEN2812TGDN4-064jGVz4817QIGW4-757zOmX0962KbIp3-168Ul61