[geeks] Where is everyone.

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Thu Sep 26 20:41:11 CDT 2002

"Greg A. Woods" wrote:

> And you'll find it harder to cope with your no-coping immune system as
> time goes on too.  I can only take about a day of it myself, and I'm not
> terribly useful during that day either.  I can't even sleep when I'm
> really clogged up and so I've learned that if whatever allergen is
> affecting me will be around for more than a day or two then I really
> have to take some drugs before I turn into a vegetable myself.

I'm allergic to MANY things. I have problems year round, and I've found that if I
take 2 Benedryl (I actually use a cheaper generic) a day that I do lots better. Of
course I don't help matters, as I eat mostly the foods I'm allergic to! I'm
allergic to chocolate, cheese, citrus fruit (which includes tomatoes), and some
other foods I don't remember off hand, as well as dust, mold, etc.

I also use a nasal spray (Phenylephrine Hydrocloride 1%, brand name I use is "4
Way") as well for times when the Benedryl alone isn't quite good enough (like
after a cheese fondue dinner, or a grilled cheese & tomato sandwich). I find that
after taking the Benedryl for a few days that I no longer get drowsy from it

--
-Mike