[geeks] What to do with a stack of IPX and LX boxes (was RE: [geeks] Where is everyone.)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 26 17:03:09 CDT 2002

--- "David L Kindred (Dave)" <d.kindred at telesciences.com> wrote:

> What is the best use for a stack of IPX and LX boxes?
>
> Are they worth the time to mix and match parts to get a number of
> them with max RAM and working disks and load an OS on them?

Print servers...

Trivial Web servers (mainly static pages)...

X Terminals (even from one of them to another, off loading the graphics
can make a big difference)...

Test OS/install boxes (LXs support Solaris 9!)...

Turned side-ways, they make nice shelving spacers for book shelves...

Yes, I'd "max-out" a few and tinker with them..

Enjoy!

Lionel

=====
Lionel