[geeks] Where is everyone.

David L Kindred (Dave) d.kindred at telesciences.com
Thu Sep 26 14:22:06 CDT 2002

    Joshua> On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 02:27:21PM -0400, Greg A. Woods
    Joshua> wrote:

    Joshua> I'm hoping to stay awake at work today.  While a nap would
    Joshua> be much appreciated, sleeping on the job is frowned up.  I
    Joshua> just have to hold out 3 hours and 15 minutes, then I can go
    Joshua> home.

    Joshua> Besides, I keep hoping that my immune system is going to get
    Joshua> a clue and cope.

Now if we want to talk about staying awake and drugs and things, I've
been suffering from a break-out of hives (urticaria).  So far of unknown
origin.  After fighting it myself and doing web research I gave in and
went to the doctor.  The drug cocktail I'm on at the moment is
cimetidine (300mg twice a day), Zyrtec (cetirizine) (10mg at night), and
Medrol (methylprednisolone) (a "dose pack" 6 4mg pills on day 1 to 1 4mg
pill on day 6).  This combination not only makes me sleepy all day, but
seems to be "enhancing" my dreams and keeping me from getting a good
night's sleep.  Loads of fun.  The best part is the potential side
effects.  One of the drugs can lead to psychotic episodes.  I can't
wait.  Another has the side effect of causing hives.  I guess it's a
case of "if you have them it take them away, if you don't have them it
gives them to you".  Or something.

The only good news is that nay local pollen runs the other way when it
sees the drugs I'm on...

--
David L. Kindred <mailto:d.kindred at telesciences.com>
Unix Systems & Network Administrator