[geeks] G4 Digital Audio replacement boards

Simeon Johnston simeonuj at indivisuallearning.com
Thu Sep 26 11:12:37 CDT 2002

We have a G4 Sawtooth MB (466MHz, Digital Audio).  We (someone other
than ME of coures) tried to remove the AGP card so we could test it with
another video card (had some OS problems).  In the process of doing that
a small "part" was snapped off the board just below the AGP card (very
stupid place for it, not an opinion, a fact).

I tried to resolder it but I'm new to soldering anyway and we didn't
have the right equipment for it.  ANYWAY, it's pretty much crap now as
the solder points are nearly nonexistant and to get it right we'd have
to drill new leads and probably replace the part in question anyway.

SO - I'm looking for a good place to get a G4 Digital Audio logic board
for cheap.  Tried ebay, nothing there (IF ONLY IT WAS A FREAKING Gigabit
Ethernet I'd be set ).  Tried Macresq and another place, n/a.  DT&T will
do it for $350 but I'm looking for cheaper than that if possible.

Any idea's?

sim