[geeks] Ebay trade gone bad, any advice?

James Rice jrice54 at charter.net
Sat Sep 7 12:07:18 CDT 2002

Has anyone had an ebay deal go bad?  I've been very, very lucky.  I have
rarely  had a deal go sour before, even after 400+ trades.  I purchased
a Daystar Genesis MP532 on a buy-it-now on July 9th and I still haven't
got the box.  The seller can't remember exactly  when he shipped it and
allegedly shipped it parcel post  instead of UPS as we had agreed.  He
didn't even use delivery confirmation or insurance, so the chance of
tracking it is practically nil.  It took three weeks to find him by
phone and he has stopped responding to email. For some reason, I don't
really believe that he shipped it.

Here is the link to the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2038104609

I have filed a complaint with ebay's fraud unit, but I don't have much
hope of recovering either the $390.00 or the computer.  Just wondering
if anyone has had a similar experience and if anyone has any advice for me.

Thanks,
James

http://webpages.charter.net/jrice54/classiccomp2.html