[geeks] Oh my, this is getting serious ;^) (Storage space)

Eric Josephson ericj at speakeasy.org
Mon Sep 2 03:21:55 CDT 2002

In my case, the space freed by the storage locker just
filled up again.  Now I have a full storage locker *and*
clutter at home.  Resist the urge to acquire more objects.

I like the steel industrial shelving from Home Depot much
better than the wire-frame stuff.  Just as cheap, deeper
shelves, and sturdier.  Get shelves into your storage space
asap or it will turn into a mess.  They're easier to install
when the space is relatively empty.  Also, stuff doesn't tend
to get knocked over/crushed quite so readily when it's on shelving.

I'm not the one to take advice from on this subject, but I'd
say leave your machines in storage until you need sonething,
then take it home.  After awhile you'll find the frequency
of your trips to the locker decrease until you seldom need
to go retrieve anything.  At this point you should have
someone else dispose of everything left over.

Regards,

--
Eric Josephson