[geeks] Linux 2.5

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Oct 31 04:30:39 CST 2002

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 12:26:48AM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 October 2002 9:39 pm, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > I've known people to have trouble with reiserfs
> I've heard of significant problems with reiserfs, but never experienced
> any. I personally believe those problems were due to a "bad" release of
> reiserfs.

Most likely.  At $previous_ork[3] maildirs were kept on reiserfs, and there
were no fs-related problems in all the time I was there.

> > I keep meaning to have spare machines for playing with various
> That's why I like vmware so much ... I've got around 1/2 dozen virtual
> machines I use regularly ...

I <heart> VMware.  One of my ongoing projects (been ongoing for a year or
more, and still not ready for even the most early of adopters) is a tool
for easily converting a Redhat system to a Debian system.  Right now, it
understands the databases used by both but doing the conversion is a right
royal fuckup.  With VMware, I can say "oops" and then roll the disk image
file back to a known good state.

Expect a 0.1 release sometime in 2020 :-)

--
Lord Protector David Cantrell     |     http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  This is nice.  Any idea what body-part it is?