[geeks] Ping...

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 16:06:59 CST 2002

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 9:07 pm, Mike Hebel wrote:
> Brian Dunbar wrote:
> > >*ahem*  Do you really want a government organization to tell you
> > > how much money you _have_ to send them? ;-)
> >
> > That's how it is done in Britain, and unless you are a small
> > business owner, or have more than one job, it is rarely fucked up.

That's not quite how it's done ... the government hands out the
instruction on how the income tax is calculated and your local payroll
department calculates how much of your salary disappears into the
pockets of the politicians.

Of course once you start complicate matters by having other sources of
income, and/or earn to much, you do get to calculate your own taxes (or
so I believe ... not having reached the relevant income levels).

> > You guys really _trust_ your government, don't you?  I don't trust

Of course not, but there's more important things to worry about than how
much money they're stealing off me every month.