[geeks] Tektronix scopes

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Mon Oct 28 05:24:24 CST 2002

 Hello,

 From some time ago I remember that there were some fanatic tektronix fans on
this list. Well, I bought a 2465 yesterday, 300MHz 4-channel analog scope for
$35. It doesn't work, but since the fan isn't turning and no LEDs light up, the
fault is probably in the power supply and I'm hoping the rest of the scope is
still working... With a little luck there I'll only need to replace a few caps.

 Does anyone here have the service manual for this scope or have a link where I
can find it? I only really need the power supply part, but with Google I can't
find any direct downloads.

  greetings,
   Michiel

ps. So far the Philips scope I have,  compares better than the Tektronix :),
it's much easier to service. But ofcourse I haven't used the Tektronix..