[geeks] Re: WOOHOO!!

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sun Oct 27 19:52:31 CST 2002

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 04:58:29PM -0800, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> --- Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
>
> >    They machines are safe where they are, and won't be going
> > anywhere. But sometime within the next year or two perhaps I'll talk
> > him into either giving me one or letting me bring one (or more) of
> > them up.
>
> I can't think of a better way to spend a one or two week vacation! ;^)
>
> Think of it as a computer "arceological" (sp?) dig!

I know a guy at school who calls himself a computer archeologist, or
something.

He does things like collect every single version of Scitec Display
Doctor ever made for any platform, and in detail document the
differences between each one.  The OS2 versions are apparently causing
him some minor trouble.

He also excels at find documentation on old chips that the documentation
supposedly doesn't exist for anymore, going to great lengths to find the
original engineers and see if they might have walked off with anything.

His main focus is somewhat around MAME and related system.

--
Joshua D. Boyd