[geeks] some photos of my collection

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Sun Oct 27 08:54:33 CST 2002

Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Nice pile o' machines.  I have a particular affinity for the
> Sun4/110...I used one of those for a very long time, traded a car and
> about five other computers for it.  I remember shortly thereafter
> shelling out something like $400 for enough 1MB SIMMs to ditch half of
> the 256K ones and bring it up to 20MB of RAM from 8MB.  Life became SO
> much easier with that much RAM!

Yeah, I like my 4/110. It's got external disk and tape drives, and runs
SunOS 4.1.1 quite nicely when I strap it together and boot it. It stays
out in public, though, even when it's not running. I like the way it
looks. I do have to admit having a 4/6xx board ready to stick in there
when I get the parts I'd need to run it, though. It's really the case I
like. Reminds me of a rocket.

---sambo