[geeks] some photos of my collection

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Oct 27 03:11:59 CST 2002

On Sunday, October 27, 2002, at 01:57 AM, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> Folks have asked me for some photos of the stuff I've collected.  This
> is by no means exhaustive.  In fact I'm going to have a few more
> machines tomorrow afternoon (mostly HP-PARISC and some sun4c and
> sun4m, maybe a VAXstation).  I'll get more verbose descriptions and
> better photos in there after I've better catalogued what I've got.
>
> See the pics at http://yonderway.com/museum ... I used very basic HTML
> so Dave can even go there on his PDP-11 if he got lynx to compile on
> it. :-)  (it is dialup and lynx friendly)

   Nice pile o' machines.  I have a particular affinity for the
Sun4/110...I used one of those for a very long time, traded a car and
about five other computers for it.  I remember shortly thereafter
shelling out something like $400 for enough 1MB SIMMs to ditch half of
the 256K ones and bring it up to 20MB of RAM from 8MB.  Life became SO
much easier with that much RAM!

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                  "Mmmm, big."
St. Petersburg, FL                -Den