[geeks] root equivalent user

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Oct 25 13:59:09 CDT 2002

Mike Hebel <nimitz at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> security.  Happy users, and a happy admin, make a happy network.
> (Yes I know I've blown my possible alt.sysadmin.recovery standing by
> stating the unthinkable but it's more true than you ever will believe.)

To illustrate, I just allowed rexec to a system when I felt it would make my
life easier.  The particular user, a very clued individual, needed this type
of access.  In a larger more complex network I may have denied the request -
today I allowed it beacause I felt that it was a good solution to his needs.

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com