[geeks] Excel

Jonathan C Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Oct 24 20:04:31 CDT 2002

On Thursday, October 24, 2002, at 07:58 PM, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> It isn't installed, and I can't install it.

The "installation" involves copying a couple of .hlp files and their
indices to well-known locations.  The files aren't that big, and can be
placed anywhere (say, inside your home directory) if you can't drop
them in their well-known locations.  The only negative effect would be
that you'd have to launch the help files from the shell, instead of
from inside Office.  Seriously, though, coding in VBA without access to
the reference manuals is maddening, since Microsoft seems to have no
consistent naming convention for functions or objects.

Email me privately with which version of Office you're using, and I'll
tell you from where you may obtain the proper help files.

--
Jonathan C. Patschke
Celestrion Information Systems