[geeks] I really don't get it ...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Oct 23 10:46:47 CDT 2002

Mike Hebel <nimitz at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> I don't know either.  It would seem to me that an anodized aluminum body
> would look better and last longer.  That's another thing - why paint?
> Why not powder-coating?  It would eventually cost the same and last much
> longer and be more flake resistant.

You'd need one big ass oven to powder coat a bus.  A car might be doable,
but still - big ass oven.  There's also the problem with powder coat
application - paint is easier to apply in environments where there's mild
air circulation.

But you're right - powder coating is far more durable, and looks way better
also.

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com