[geeks] I really don't get it ...

Mike Hebel nimitz at speakeasy.net
Wed Oct 23 10:41:15 CDT 2002

Andrew Weiss wrote:
>>I suddenly have this image of a Partridge Family colored bus with geek
>>symbols all over it.  Maybe with an electronic LED sign on th back...
>

> No I'd probably paint it gray or black.  I even thought of taking the paint
> off and brushing it DeLorean style..(my other dream vehicle)  It's odd they
> don't make more cars without paint.  (the only other one I can think of is
> the Germany only Audi TT in brushed; that'd be sweet)

I don't know either.  It would seem to me that an anodized aluminum body
would look better and last longer.  That's another thing - why paint?
Why not powder-coating?  It would eventually cost the same and last much
longer and be more flake resistant.

Probably a "planned obsolescense" thing.

Mike Hebel