[geeks] I really don't get it ...

Geoff Reed geoffr at zipcon.net
Tue Oct 22 19:58:06 CDT 2002

At 08:03 PM 10/22/02 -0400, you wrote:
>On Tuesday, October 22, 2002, at 06:35 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
>
>>   Cool.
>>
>>   Have you ever used it?  If so, how well did it work for you?

There's a place here in the seattle area that sells 'biodiesel' I've driven
a chevy diesel using it.  it works well, the only current problem is it
gells when it gets too cold. the fix for that is to add a bit of real
diesel to the tank before filling up with biodiesel,a nd that seems to keep
it from gelling, and doesn't noticable increase the emissions.

  basically biodiesel is vegatable oil that has had a chemical cocktail
added to it to  help keep it liquid or turning rancid and to bring it to
the octane level of regular diesel.  There's a guy here in  the Olympia
Washington area that is designing a kit so anyone can make biodiesel at home.