[geeks] I really don't get it ...

Steven Hill sjh at waroffice.net
Tue Oct 22 17:09:24 CDT 2002

> I'm a personal believer in the view (which I haven't made any attempt to
> prove -- I believe it purely nonscientifically) that the current global
> warming is a result of the precession of the Earth's axis of rotation.

Exactly!

I looked at the Ice Cap 0xygen isotope readings about three years ago...
The changes in which can be directly linked to atmospheric CO2.
The cycle seemed to be following an interesting pattern... And since the
earth wobbles on its axis in about three different ways, and the earth has
been shown to have 4 or 5 cycles covering 400, 100, 40, 23 ka (IIRC the 23
is really 26 and 20)

While I do not advocate the abuse of the planet, I do beleive that the
tree hugging morons should actually study some science so they don't panic
the masses.

http://www.env.duke.edu/faculty/barber/bio123/Readings/9.1%20Zachos.pdf
Might explain some of this better than I.

--
Steven Hill

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.